A leguminous plant, Cyamopsistetragonoloba, contains guar seeds and to extract gum from the seeds a special procedure applied. Guar is often called Cluster Bean; furthermore, Gaur meal is the secondary product of guar seeds. To get rid of the Trypsin Inhibitor, it is kept at a very high temperature which also betters its nutritive values. It is an anti-draught legume where 35 percent of the weight of the seed is made by the endosperm.
When the chicken is bred for its meat and flesh, it is called a broiler food. Chickens are omnivores, and therefore the automatic feeding is provided to them; also, the food that is provided to them is always high in protein. It is for this reason, guar meal is considered to be the most important broiler diet as it has an abundant quantity of proteins in it.
Guar meal is specially made for animals. It contains more than 50 percent of protein and also possesses high fiber. Germs and husks are derived during the procedure of splitting guar meal which is also used as cattle’s feeding.
Guar meal comes in two different types 1) Guar Meal Churi which is in powdered form, and 2) Guar meal Korma which is available in granule form. They do not have additives or harmful chemicals plus they are high in protein and carbohydrates which makes them a complete natural agricultural product. Though it has all nutrients necessary for cattle, it is generally combined with other cattle feed.
Facts and figures of guar gum
- India is the largest exporter of guar gum
- About 90 percent of the guar gum is exported by India
- India export was approximately 467.7 Million USD for nearly 4, 23,289 MT of guar gum in 2016-2017
- The export of guar gum was raised by nearly 3.9% in the year 2018
- In 2017 the marketing size was approximately 618.9 Million USD
- It’s expected that the global market will be nearly 1114.6 Million USD in the year 2022
- It is predicted that in the year 2026 the global market will reach the US $1280 Million
- Guar gum is one of the most important substances used in the oil and gas industry
Benefits of Guar Meal for Animals
- A large number of crude protein is present in it
- It has the same particle size which fits in a perfect ratio with water
- It interacts swiftly with cold water making it quite viscous solution
- The power forms films perfectly
- The substance is also well known for its property of balancing the profile of amino acids
- It helps us by providing high energy and less digestible fiber
Apart from it, Guar Meal is also considered as the best thickening agent and it contains no odor; plus, it has a bland taste. Since it passes through the process of removing the factors of anti-nutrients, it contains a great character of digestibility.
To conclude, applications of Guar Meal in broiler diet are many as it contains a lot of nutrition that is beneficial for broilers and their breeds.