Caesalpiniaceae is a wild crop that grows in many parts of India. It is a shrub that grows up to 2 meters in height. Cassia Powder is commercially made from the seeds. It is mused in many parts of the world, including Japan, China, USA besides India. It is a natural gelling agent that has several industrial and food applications. Cassia Powder has a spicy aroma and taste which is mainly due the volatile cassia oil. It also contains gum, tannins, essential oils, ugars, resins, etc.
There are many applications of Cassia Powder in the food industry, one of them is as Cassia Tea. It is believed to have medicinal value, effective for weight loss, good for the digestive system and several other health benefits. It is also found in several herbal tea blends classified for weight loss.
Benefits of Cassia Tea
- It is beneficial for weight loss. The way it works is by flushing out excess toxins and residual waste matter in the body. The weight loss is mainly due to loss of water weight hence it is usually more effective along with other dietary restrictions and exercise.
- Cassia Tea is effective in treating constipation and reducing inflammation. The reason it is effective is because it is a rich source for sennosides. This helps with rapid detoxification due to its laxative effect.
- It is a detoxifying agent for the body.
- Cassia gum powder is also effective in reducing swelling and is good for rapid healing of anal fissures and several other hemorrhiods.
- It stimulates urination for the purpose of removing excess salts, fats, toxins, and water from the body. It is a diuretic, however using it can also result in dehydration hence it is a necessary to stay well hydrated when using it
- Cassia tea is also good for skin, which is mainly due to the presence of tannin, resin and many essential oils. It helps cure acne and several other skin ailments. In addition to that it is also useful to treat wounds, ringworm and burns.
- It is also beneficial for hair texture and colour. using it will make the hair stronger, ticker and more voluminous. It is often useful as a hair highlighter as well by giving it an ash blonde colour.
- It possesses an anti-parasitic effect which is attributed to the presence of sennosides. The way it works is by eradicating intestinal worms and other parasites in the gut; thus helping one to obtain all the nutrients from the meal.
- Cassia tea is good for digestion and can cure many common health problems like bloating, indigestion, flatulence, constipation and stomach pain. The most effective method is to consume Cassia tea either before or after a meal. This tea has great cooling properties and is also effective with issues of intestinal dryness, abdominal cramps and stomach pains.
- Cassias tea has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties as well, thus it can prevent the growth of microorganisms like fungi and bacteria like Bacillus diaphtehriria, Bacillus coli.
- It is considered a good solution for eye health and helps promote better vision. It has been a natural remedy for many eye problems since centuries. It helps treat glaucoma, dryness of the eyes, redness, pain in the eyes , blurred vision.
- It helps treat people suffering from high blood pressure; in addition to which it can also help lower cholesterol and decrease blood lipids. It is one of the best remedies for people with hypertension and hence not advisable for those with low blood pressure.
- It is also a remedy for those feeling a bit lightheaded or dizzy since cassia tea has a calming effect that cures those feeling faint to restore the body balance.
Thus Cassia powder has many benefits in the food industry, including blood circulation and as an anti-depressant as well.