Guar Gum – Rich Source of Fiber
Guar gum is a natural food thickener extracted from the guar plant; the guar plant primarily grows in Parts of India and Pakistan.The basic raw material for Guar Gum Powder is the Guar Split. Guar Splits are prepared and processed from Guar seeds. It usually comes off as a powder but can be combined with other ingredients to produce the gum or gel. Doctors always advise people to eat more fiber. The guar bean is legume and this makes it a good source of fiber. Guar gum is a soluble fiber. Fiber is prevents and relives constipation, it also helps in maintaining weight and lowers the risk of getting diabetes and heart disease. Special water-utilizing production processes has now enable a partially hydrolyzed guar gum to be created. This produces a unique fiber which completely dissolves in water.Guar powder has similar use as cassia powder. Guar gum is applied in variety of industries; from food, pharmaceuticals, healthcare to mining and electrical.
• Guar gum reduces crystal formation in frozen foods and hence extends shelf life of products such as ice creams.
• Guar gum is used as moisture preservation agent in dough and slows down fat penetration in baked foods.
• It functions as a binder in meat and meat products
• Guar gum derivatives are used as thickeners and stabilizers in canned soup
• Guar gum is also used to provide uniform mixtures in dairy products such as chocolate milk and flavored milks.
• Guar gum reduces calories and provides viscosity control in beverages.
• It also acts as binder in sauces and salad dressings.
• Guar gum also helps add taste to foods
• Guar beans are used as a vegetable for human consumption in Asia
Health Benefits of Guar Gum Diet :
• A Guar meal is first a great source of fiber.
• Guar gum reduces total cholesterol. It lowers triglycerides while increasing HDL Cholesterol (good cholesterol)
• A Guar meal normalizes moisture content in stool, absorbing excess liquid in diarrhea, and softening the stool to reduce constipation.
• It stabilizes blood sugar response to food this reduces digestive inflammation.
• Guar reduces your appetite. This is achieved by it forming a water-holding gel in the digestive tract hence making food move forward slowly. This makes you feel full and less likely to eat.
• Guar gum intake avoids excess gas formation in the colon
• Guar gum also cleanses the intestinal system and keeps them functioning properly.
• A guar meal slows down the absorption of sugar in the small intestine hence is recommended for diabetic patients to prevent glucose ‘spikes’. Guar gum supplements are not recommended for pregnant women, persons who are just about to undergo a medical procedure or people with difficulty in swallowing. Although Guar gum works as an excellent dietary supplement as per – http://www.agrogums.com/, in the recent past its use has been reduced as it may lead to malnutrition. The fact that it makes you feel full may lead to persons to eating enough. Doctors recommend 50 to 60 grams intake of guar gum or any other fiber per day.
Food Thickener :
• We provide food thickener to food industry by our hydrocolloid product guar gum powder..
• Guar Gum Powder (E 412) is natural thickener and very effective food thickener than other gums.
• It is natural polysaccharide which belong to family of galactomannans.
• Guar gum is approve in all over world for food application.
• It is cold water soluble and not allergen.
• So it is very safe thickening agent for food industry.
Conclusion: The objective of the article is to educate reader about Guar Gum – Rich Source Of Fiber, Use of Guar Gum & Derivatives in Food Industry and health Benefits of Guar Gum Diet.
This article has been written by Biren Patel working at Agro Gums. Agro Gums is a guar and cassia gum manufacturing company offering high quality guar gum powder, fast hydration guar gum powder, cassia powder, guar splits and guar meal to satisfy the production requirements of various industries across the world.