Guar gum is used in Food and Non-food industries at wide scale. It is regarded as GRAS that means that it is safe for consumption for human as well as animals. India is the largest producer of guar gum and contributes 80% of total guar production in the world.
The awareness about the quality of gum is increasing worldwide due to numerous reasons such as chain transparency, environment degradation and information availability about its source among the consumers.
As a consequence, both farmers and end-users of guar gum became aware about the organic methods of its farming, to avoid synthetic pesticides which can pollute soil, air and water. There is a substantial demand of organic guar gum in many countries as it is environmental-friendly.
Guar Gum: Organic Farming for High Quality Yield
Here are certain listed indications for suitable weather conditions;
- Guar is an annual legume plant, grown in India. It is a drought-tolerant plant, and grows properly in sunlight and dry weather.
- It can even cope with little or moderate rainfall.
- It requires sufficient soil moisture prior sowing its seeds and during maturation. Thus, the apt time to sow guar seeds is after first rains in the month of June or July.
The organic farming of guar crop is important to get yield of good quality, and to minimize harmful effects to soil fertility and texture. It consists of strategic method of seed selection and harvesting.
There are other processes such as land and seed treatment, line sowing, deep hoeing and pest management. This type of farming encourages use of organic repellent and fertilizer instead of chemicals.
- Some of the methods are described below:
Seed Selection: Under organic farming, the organically produced and treated varieties of seeds are selected for cultivation to get high quality production of guar.
Soil Management: It relies on the natural breakdown of organic matter of soil. Green manure and composting are some of the techniques which can provide nutrients to the soil used by previous crops.
Pest Management: Organic pest management promotes weed suppression instead of weed elimination. The farmers integrate cultural, biological, mechanical, physical and chemical tactics to manage weeds without synthetic herbicides.
For instance, frequent crop rotation can control the growth of weeds and promote the growth of natural microorganisms.
Line Sowing: The line sowing method can help to achieve higher yield by reducing weed. This method helps in proper weeding, irrigation, harvesting and processing of crops. It minimizes drudgery in weeding process.
A considerable hike in production and improvement in quality of guar cultivation was found due to its strategic and organic farming. Upon cultivation, guar gum is extracted from endosperm of seeds after removing the husk and germ portions from it.
Organic Guar Gum: Utilization in Food & Industrial Sector
- The customers are inclined to maintain their well-being by using natural products. They ask about the source and method of production of raw materials. Thus, the demand of organic guar gum has risen worldwide in the following industries:
- Organic guar gum is used as binding and disintegrating agent in pharmaceuticals manufacturing. It is also used as gelling agent in pharmaceutical industry.
- It is used in confectioneries as a gelling agent. It is also used in making ice-cream as it avoids ice crystal formation and maintains good texture of food items.
- It is applied in the pet feed industry as a gelling agent. The organic guar husk is also used as animal and poultry feed.
- It is widely used in textile sector as a thickening agent. It enhances the quality of cloth and fiber.
- It is utilized in cosmetics industry for sizing purpose. It can also used to bind raw materials used in cosmetic industry.
The demand of organic guar gum is elevated due to awareness among consumers, farmers and producers. The intake of organic guar gum is also beneficial for health as it regulates the bowel movement and boost metabolism to maintain overall health.
Agrogums is a customer-centric company involved in acquiring, processing and exporter of guar gum, since 1979. The company also offers high quality of Guar Gum Powder, Guar Gum Splits, Guar Meal, Fast Hydration Guar Gum Powder, Cassia Powder, Cassia Tora Seeds, Cassia Tora Splits, and Sesbania Gum Powder.
We have an advanced infrastructure, skillful personnel, and efficient R&D department which promote us to provide high quality products and unmatched customer services at the cost-effective rates to our valuable customers across the globe.